This class gives you a triple dose of DIY projects.
Learn how to create a cozy floor cushion (to give your room extra seating), a faux sheepskin rug (to up your comfort factor), and a block print duvet cover (to make bedtime more enjoyable).
What You’ll Learn:
Good things come in threes—and you’ll leave this lesson
knowing how to create three great home décor pieces.
In this lesson, Earl & Jan will show you how to:
- Make a floor cushion using a simple rug and twine
- Create your own throw pattern using pattern paper
- Design a reusable stamp that reflects your personality (and use it to create a custom duvet!)
What You’ll Need:
- Three area rugs
- Upholstery Needle
Faux Sheepskin Rug
- Pattern paper
- Faux fur in the color of your choice
- Grip fabric
- Glue gun (or, you can sew!)
Printed Duvet Cover
- Speedball roller
- Fabric Paint
- Rubber GlovesHB2 pencil
- Vector art (link provided)
- Speedy carve
- Cutting Tool
Join the Makeful Community
Share your work of art! Log in to BeMakeful.com to share your completed project with a growing community of creative makers.
We’re Earl Einarson and Jan Halvarson, a husband & wife design team and co-founders of an internationally praised blog called Poppytalk. Join us for adventures in design and DIY—and find out how to make your cozy home even cozier. Watch our profile here!