How many photos do you have on your phone,
camera or computer? It’s time to bring them to life!
This mixed media art piece can incorporate your favorite photographs, images, magazine tear-outs, fonts, 3-D objects and more. Be as creative as you like, add personal touches, and get artistic tips from instructor/visual artist Paul Coop McCrory.
What You’ll Learn
This class is all about experimentation! But along the way, you’ll learn plenty of practical techniques that you can take with you to other projects.
In this lesson, Paula will show you how to:
- Take photos and re-contextualize them as part of your art
- Figure out your composition, create perspective and add color
- Use painter’s tape, polyurethane and different matte mediums
- Incorporate 3-D objects, threading and charcoals into your piece
What You’ll Need
- Your favorite photographs
- Enlarged photocopies of those photographs
- 3D objects of your choosing
- Board or canvas
- Pencils and charcoal
- Collection of acrylic paints (whatever colors you like!)
- Solvent to clean brushes
- Painter’s tape
- Different matte mediums
- Collection of threads in various colors
- Threading needles
- Hanging nails
- Super glue
Join the Makeful Community // Share your work of art! Log in to BeMakeful.com to share your completed project with a growing community of creative makers.
I’m Paula—a visual curator with a love of Pinterest. I’m the mother of three boys, have 4.4 million followers, and find inspiration through art, color, texture and design. I’d love to help you create something beautiful—and I promise you’ll have plenty of fun along the way. Watch my profile here!